Dental implants are proving to be the new standard of care for replacing teeth. The benefits of dental implants are far outweighing those of dentures or bridges. Take a look at some of the main reasons people are making the switch over to dental implants:
- Longevity: Dental implants are known to last the longest out of any tooth-replacement option. Implants can last decades, and are known to even last a lifetime in some cases!
- Stability: Implants provide a stable and improved bite strength unmatched by dentures or bridges.
- Provides Structure: The added structure stops other teeth from shifting out of place and prevents further bone loss from occurring.
- Low Maintenance: Dental implants do not have to be removed for soaking or cleaning. You can simply use your typical cleaning regimen of brushing, flossing, and mouthwash to clean dental implants.
- Beauty: Dental implants are an aesthetically appealing option. They look very similar to real teeth, as the crown is crafted out of a very realistic looking porcelain material.
For all these reasons and more, dental implants remain the number one dentist recommended tooth-replacement procedure. They are both longer-lasting, more comfortable, and more stable than both dentures and bridges.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Many patients are realizing the vast benefits of switching to dental implants from dentures. Dental implants are proving to offer the most convenience. While dentures require a special cleaning routine, including being removed for soaking overnight; dental implants do no require any special routine and are never removed. Dental implants provide the ultimate comfort because they actually fuse with the jawbone, giving a realistic feel. Dentures sit on the gums and are unable to give such a realistic feeling. Visit our office to find out the differences between dental implants vs. dentures and to find out what treatment may be the best for you.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
If you are missing multiple teeth and would like a more permanent solution than dentures or bridges, dental implants might be the thing for you! To learn more about advanced and life-changing dental implants, simply schedule a consultation with the talented Dr. Smile More, DDS. In this consultation, it will be determined whether you are candidate for dental implants and the entire process will be explained. Contact our office for more information and to schedule your consultation. We look forward to working with you and giving you a beautiful, strong new smile!